Casa Hogar Maximo Cornejo Quiroz Orphanage

Monday, October 3, 2011

They have moved little Fatima into the nursery area so she doesn't accidentally get hit in the mouth while playing. So when I walked into the nursery she was playing or helping the staff with the little babies. Bu I could tell her little mouth operation was uncomfortable as she was not her bubbly self. But upon seeing me she flew across the room into my arms. (tears). I always tear up because of the horrendous thought of someone intentionally burning little Fatima at age 3. But once again thank you Doctor Saldano as we know soon Fatima will be just like any other adorable loved 4 year old.

But today I had my older children 6 to 14 years old do two sentences using " I can" and "I want". I giggled because I think everyone of the children when filling in the blank said "I want ice cream". Hehe. The level of skills are very different among the children. Some girls are brand new like Lupita ((5) & Amelda (6) and never have been to school. But some of my children are very bright. Today Elena (11) was the first to complete the wok and it was absolutely perfect. She has been one of the children that had attitude and demeanor problems. But because of the constant love and uplifting praise we shower on all the children they slowly come out of their shells. Even Maria (14) who has many emotional problems and has been shipped from the orphanage to AGAPE and then back to the orphanage again is making slow but beneficial progress. Of course as a teacher I have my favorites such as my two different Kimberly's. One I have had for three years and the older Kimberly for just a few months. It is interesting that both Kimberly's one I call big Kimberley (8) and small Kimberly (6) are two of the brightest children and also the most polite and sweet personalities. I am blessed by an assistant named Orley which is a high school teenager whose mom is on staff at the orphanage. Orley & Itzel are twins and they are gorgeous & bright and also are learning English in their schools. So helping me helps them.

I will add some pictures as soon as I figure out the process. Thanks for your comments & prayers for the children.

No comments:

Post a Comment