Casa Hogar Maximo Cornejo Quiroz Orphanage

Saturday, August 27, 2011

It's about time I reported in

We are alive and well and feel very special as our family and friends are so supportive in the Lords ministry and our travels. I am sorry it has taken me so long to update the blog. Let me begin.

Well I flew out to visit my oldest daughter Rebecca, her husband Paul and Derrick & Scott my wonderful grandchildren. Got up at 3:30 am for a flight at 6:10 am. I am a very earlier riser as you all know but that was a little to early. Especially for my dear friend Ed who had to drive me to the Oakland airport. Finally off to the first stop in Phoenix. I was very concerned as USAir only gave me 20 minutes to go from my arriving plane to the departing plane. I didn't even have time for a Starbucks. But made it with probably 10 minutes to spare as the gate was right next door to the arrival area. It was so hot in Phoenix !06 degrees. Boarded the plane and then sat at the gate for 1 hour and 40 minutes because a fan needed to be replaced on the fan. It was hot and terribly uncomfortable. Our stewardess was terribly rude and all of us complained about her attitude. Then we finally left for Charlotte. We arrived in Charlotte and had to sit on the plane for 40 minutes as another plane was loding at our gate. Well obviously I missed my connection to Syracuse. I had to then find an WIFI to try to let my daughter & grandson know. Went to the USAir service desk with the whole plane load of passengers who had to now make new connecting flights. What a mess. Finally got new tickets but had an additional 4 hours to wait for my flight. Now mind you my poor daughter and grandson had to travel 1 1/2 hours from Watertown, NY to get to Syracuse and now I was over 6 hours late for arrival. Finally arrived in Syracuse about 11:30 pm and got to bed at 1:15 am. My daughter and grandson went to the movies and had dinner. They saw three films while waiting. Needless to say I will be writing a very strong letter to USAir. When you have been up from 3:30 am to 1:15 am and sitting it is extremely difficult to fall asleep and really didn't sleep until about 2 am. It took me two days to recover

But it was truly worth it as it had been 8 years since i had seen my daughter and the family.  I want to especially thank my family for the most wonderful time together. Especially my grandson Scott for giving up his room and bed. My daughter & I had special time together as the boys were in summer school and Paul was working. Rebecca  gave me excursions to the Army Base where Paul works, the Saint Lawrence Seaway were we entered into Canada by boat, and a wonderful train ride in a small town called Old Forge. We also visited a very old cemetery & battlefield from the American Revolution. Got to see my grandsons practice for the upcoming football season. It was just a very blessed time. Rebecca and Paul also promised to come and visit us in Puerto Vallarta. We are very excited about that upcoming visit as they have never been to Puerto Vallarta.. Left for the return trip to Alameda on July 13th. and fortunately did not have two many issues returning.

July 14th we heading to Bend, Oregon to visit our dear friends Roger & Clerese we work with at the AGAPE Home for Abused Girls in Puerto Vallarta. Once again they allowed us to stay in their 5 star Motor Home garage. I mean  it is really upscale big flat screen TV with Fox News, modern kitchen and bathroom and set in a beautiful wooded lot with visiting deer. Even took a trip up the Deschutes River on their pontoon boat. God put on a beautiful rain and lightening storm which dropped 1 1/2 inches of rain in about 1 1/2 hours.

Then on to Portland and our yearly visit with Dan & Susan on their beautiful floating home on the Colombia River. Boy, we are getting spoiled. But we must have brought the rainy season north from PV with us. But that is why everything is so green here in the north. They took us to lunch up the river. We then met with Jim & Jeanie their friends that had visited us in PV. & played Mexican Train until the wee hours.

Off to Arlington, WA. & a visit with old, old friends we met when we first started His Will, His Way Ministry in Puerto Vallarta. Garry & Karen helped us at the School of Champions & The Escuela of Laguna del Valle many years ago. Karen told us it was summer in Arlington & I asked her how she knew that and she said she was sure because if it gets over 80 degrees its summer. Then she said they have had 78 minutes of summer so far. Hehe. Yes it has been very cloudy and rainy since we crossed the border at Oregon.

No comments:

Post a Comment