Casa Hogar Maximo Cornejo Quiroz Orphanage

Friday, March 23, 2012

Wonderful News

Fatima Before
Golly, where does the time go? This is my older class being taught by volunteers from the states and Canada.

We are so excited for some very good reasons as we watch the Lord work here.

1) Little Fatima has had her second operation and she can now eat properly. Thank you, Doctor Saldana & Pamela Thompson.
2) Faye and I are very encouraged with the children at Casa Hogar. In Faye's class the children who I will receive in the future are learning classroom discipline i.e. sitting in their chairs and then at a table. They love to sing and have learned not only little childhood ditties but also Christian songs praising Jesus. Remember Faye has the 3 to 5 year olds which takes a lot of patience but it is so very important to instill proper classroom behavior.
3) My children ages 5 to 15 years old have really started to accelerate in English. They are now writing small sentences using "I can ___, I want____, I like____, & I have___. Even the Directora Aurora listens in and is attempting to learn English. But I couldn't do it without the help of my little high school helper Orley. She is one of a pair of beautiful twin teenagers whose mother works on the staff. Orley goes to school in the afternoon but loves to help me with the kids at the orphanage. Her sister Itzel helps when they have school holidays.

We have started getting a few American & Canadian helpers which really allows me to work individually with the newer children. Michael from Los Angeles on vacation spent two weeks with us helping little Luis and Bobby one on one. And Darlene a retired stewardess for Alaska Airlines helped Faye last week and will help me tomorrow. She has retired to PV and we look forward to her and others on vacation assisting the children learn English. Then we had Wil & Kathy and their son Brett join us and help teach this week also.

AGAPE: Most of the girls are in a Christian school and are progressing nicely. But I am amazed at human nature on its darkest side. We have two girls just placed at AGAPE by DIF (Social Services). Julia is 20 years old & Christina is 14 years old and are sisters born into a narco drug family and abused sexually since the age of 3 years old. It just tears our hearts out. Julie is so traumatized she can not longer speak and has a lot of hatred held within her. They are getting her professional counseling and plus with the loving nature of the AGAPE home we are starting to see some small sparks of change.

Just like the states, times are tough here and we are seeing more and more folks coming to our church on Sunday for a hot meal. I even have had a lady begging at my door to do housework and then she tried to sell me her cellphone. I am sure that when we are in the dump at Christmas the line will be much longer than last year and we had about 2,500 to 3,000 in line for handouts. Please remember to start storing up items for the Christmas give-a-way. Items such as can goods, clothes, shoes, toys etc.

Someone asked for our weekly schedule: Casa Hogar Maximo Cornejo Quiroz Orphanage, Monday, Tuesday & Thursday 11 am to 12 pm, AGAPE Home for Abused Girls Saturday 4 pm to 6 pm. Either sign up at Paradise Community Center at our 10 am Sunday service or call me at 322-113-0205 Home / 044-322-123-0629 Cell or e-mail me at dennis@hwhwmexico.org. Our blog is Http://hiswillhiswaymexico.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment