Casa Hogar Maximo Cornejo Quiroz Orphanage

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Twelve days

After one week of teaching Faye and I ended up real sick with a cold, fever and persistent cough for twelve days. Just now starting to get over it. We were so bad that the staff at both Casa Hogar Maximo Cornejo Quiroz Orphanage and the AGAPE Home for Abused Girls told us to take a week off but it ended up being two. Just a little residual cough now and started back yesterday. The children have changed (to the good) so much in the six weeks we were gone. They are taller and also sweeter than I remembered. Maybe it is distance makes the heart grow fonder. I know that both Faye and I missed our children. Faye now has about ten in her class and I have about 13 in my class. Boy, if any of you love kids please volunteer because then the kid's English really progresses. We have some new children and I need some volunteers to teach them to count to ten, then twenty and also love on them. Our schedule is really not demanding. We teach at the Orphanage on Monday, Tuesday & Thursday from 11 am to 12 pm. I am willing to provide transportation arrangements if you are willing. I guarantee you that your heart will burst from the love you receive. We are only teaching basic math (counting and a little addition and subtraction) & simple English. No Spanish is needed but you will learn Spanish as you teach English.

Then on Saturday afternoon from 4 pm to 6 pm we attend the AGAPE Home and teach English and a bible story. Again you will be blessed as we invite not only the girls at the home but also the neighborhood children and also the mothers. Remember the only thing the Lord requires is for us to be available and He handles the rest. Call me at home 322-113-0205 or on my cell 044-322-123-0629. 


No comments:

Post a Comment